Saturday, January 10, 2009

Beautiful Day

(Do you see it?)



G is for Gentle


Happy New Year!!! Can you believe we are already a week and half into 2009? Hard to believe.
Anyway, here goes...

The Tuesday after Christmas, Katy and I woke up before the crack of dawn to start our trip down to South Carolina. It was a beautiful morning. The stars were out and the sky was clear. We were very excited about our trip. We were heading down to see Chris, Allison, and Jake and we had a car full of toys, including a wagon, to bring to Jake and plenty of CD's to make the journey. We made a stop at the Wawa for gas and breakfast (can you beat a Wawa breakfast?)and then we were off.

We were driving south through Richmond when I first noticed it. It was a gradual thing really. I didn't pay much attention to it at first but then after awhile it was all I saw. The sun was rising and there in the sky was a beautiful color. I can't even tell you exactly what color it was and it would be tough to try and describe. It was a combination of night sky and morning sunrise. The softest color I have ever seen. Between the harshness of the rising sun and the blackness of night, it was there.

I believe God is like that color. Sometimes hard to distuguish but always there. There have been times in my life where I have been blinded by the harsh rays of a new morning and other times, overcome by the blackest of nights. Looking back on those moments, I am able to see that God was in the middle of it all. He was right there, gently guiding and bringing me out on the other side.

It turned out to be a beautiful morning, followed by a beautiful day. And it all started with a beautiful sunrise.










1 comment:

Kate said...

I am glad I got to be there with you for this moment!