So yesterday, my sister-in-law had a birthday and blogged thirty things she is thankful for, leading up to the 1,000 things she is thankful for in her life. I was, then, inspired to come up with my own list of 1,000 things. SO.....we will see how this goes. I figure if I write 10 things on each blog then it will only take 100 blogs to finish. And they say pretty girls can't do math :).
1. Grace- I have been saved by grace and that has changed my life. Jesus Christ is my Savior and that alone could make up the whole list of 1,000 things.
2. My Mom and Dad- No two people have ever shown me the true definition of unconditional love like them. I have messed up a great deal throughout the last 27 years and yet, have never had to question being loved.
3. Jenn, Katy, Chris, and Allison- These are the people I have hung out with for most of my life. These are the people who have seen me cry, be ugly, and fall flat on my face and they still keep me around anyway. Sitting around the dinner table until late into the evening, telling stories is something I look forward to when we are all old. Or at least older :)
4. Jake and Cole- My life changed on a Monday morning in January 2008 when Jake was born. I'm sure I had an idea of what awesome was before that day but that baby boy redefined it and still does. Oh, and then there is Cole Baby. A perfect little package of sweetness. Love those boys.
5. My Small Group- Our small group exploded last fall and it has been just great. We have had so much fun studying God's word and doing life together. From passing out lunch in D.C., gingerbread house night, and countless dinners in Jenn's apartment, friends and lovers indeed :)
6. My Job- Teaching preschool was not what I imagined I would be doing with my life. But the best thing is, I love it. I have had the privilege of knowing some very special small people over the last few years. I have been challenged, hugged, and blessed by them all and I wouldn't trade that for any job in the world.
7. My Car- It's not fancy, the gas gauge doesn't move, and it makes a strange clicking sound when the A/C or heat is on but that Chevy has gotten me everywhere I have needed to go. From Friday night drive nights around West Chester to trips to Beaufort, it gets me around. I love my car.
8. West Chester University- I love the fact that I despised WCU my first semester but was in love with it by graduation. Church Street in the fall might be one of the prettiest memories I have. I learned so much during those four years and only some of it happened in a classroom.
9. Rain- It might be because it's raining right now but I'm thankful for rainy days. Mainly because it's a chance to slow down and write blogs but also because of sweatpants and ponytails.
10. Green Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream- Ice Cream might be my favorite dessert. I could eat ice cream in the middle of the coldest winter. One of my favorite memories is of eating green mint chocolate chip ice cream at a Baskin Robbins with my dad when I was like five or six. Maybe that's why green mint chocolate chip makes me happy. Or maybe it's just because it's green.