Wednesday, March 11, 2009

One Blue Sky


K is for Knowing




So I have to apologize. I have not been the best with keeping up with my ABCs lately. It's not that I haven't wanted to or have been extremely busy. It's just that I....haven't. So, I apologize. Onward and upward, right?




Today is a beautiful day. The sun is shining and the breeze feels so nice. I love a blue sky and white fluffy clouds. I was driving home from Fredericksburg, jamming to a little Sugarland, sipping on my diet coke in the insulated cup, when I started to think on how God must have known exactly how the sun would reflect off of the Rappahannock river just so. And that diet coke and ice in an insulated cup would be such a good combination. So I decided to start a list of all the things God must know.....and I am realizing how thankful I am that he does.....




-it's possible to have a foot of snow one week and 70 degree weather the next


-a river would need a winding river road


-alka seltzer and water in a film container makes for a great rocket ship


-little girls need a daddy to call them princess


-May flowers need April showers


-baseball diamonds need baseball players


-pumpkin seeds and a little salt make for a great snack


-lightening needs thunder


-little sisters need big brothers


-ice cream and summer nights just go together


-there is nothing better than a warm blanket, a good book, and a comfortable position


-Sunday afternoon makes for great napping


-baby boys give the most wonderful kisses


-brownies in the oven can make your mouth water


-movie theater popcorn makes the movie even better


-you never outgrow a hug from your mom


-a cool spring evening needs a fire on the deck


The list could go on and on.....feel free to add to it. Isn't wonderful that we have a God who not only knows the number of hair on our heads as well as number of stars in the night sky also knows the simple things?

1 comment:

Molly said...

Becky! I love this post! I think it's my favorite so far. Thank you for the sweet little reminders of the awesomeness of our creator. When I remember his hand in the little things like the ones you listed, I can't help but trust his sovereignty over the big things in my life.
Thanks homie!