Sunday, September 28, 2008

How far is too far?

So last night....I went to bed early, around 9:30. I had been terribly sick with a small cold all day Saturday so I was quite tired. Afterf sleeping for what seemed like hours I was awakened by a beeping niose and a swish-ing type sound. What is that? I thought. Am I dreaming? Then it happened again. Beep Beep Swish...I must be hallucinating. (Remember, I had been practically dying all day). Beep Beep Swish. Finally, I opened my eyes to this bright glare coming from the end of my dresser. Oh, it's my cell phone. Low Battery. Well, thats easily fixed. Turn off, plug in. Done. Well the problem lied in the fact that the said dresser that said cell phone is a good five feet away from where I was laying. Five feet. Which meant I would have to remove myself from the bed in order to stop the noise which was keeping me from sleeping in said bed. Quite the dilemma for the middle of the night. Or morning or so I thought. O course, now that my mind had just run through all my choices, to get up or not, how far is too far, I was pretty much awake. So up I got. On went the charger and the, surprise, the noise stopped. I laid back down, all set to drift off for the last couple of hours of sleep. Before I closed my eyes I took a peek at the clock next to my bed....
11:15. Great.

1 comment:

Allison Ashinhurst said...

that is the BEST feeling ever when you are sleeping and you wake up and think it's morning...but it's really still the middle of the night (much better than when you wake up 2 minutes before the alarm clock goes off)!! Hope you get to feeling better soon!