Wednesday, August 13, 2008

10 Reasons Why I Love the Olympics

10. Once every four years, ping pong gets its due.

9. Only in the Olympics can you say, "That was some great synchro" and not get weird looks.

8. Is she 14 or 16? Who cares? She just threw her body into the air, flipped seventeen times and landed on a 4 inch piece of rubber. Give her a medal.

7. I can play badminton.

6. Every four years, I become an expert in scoring gymnastics.

5. The Parade of Nations. Especially that country with only one athlete. Makes me want to give him a hug.

4. American mens swimming. What now, France?

3. All the behind the scenes drama. Who is dating who/Who just dumped who? Now those are stories.

2. Countries who have never medaled before finally winning bronze and celebrating like they got gold.

1. The look on the winners face when they realize they won gold. Makes me wish I had perfected my badminton serve.

1 comment:

Kate said...

makes you wonder who's cheatin who, who's being true, who don't even care anymore, makes you wonder who's doing right by someone tonight, whose car is parked next door???