Sunday, March 20, 2011

And the Beat Goes On....

Number 21

I love music. When I am just hanging out, I would rather have music on than watch a movie or television. Road trips? Forget conversation, just turn up the music. And there are some mornings when I wish my drive to work were longer just so I could get more songs in. As it is, though, on my five minute drive, I can usually get through at least three songs :) When I was a little girl, I had a cassette tape of Dolly Parton's album, White Limozeen (that's not a spelling mistake, that's just how awesome Dolly is). I loved that tape. It's a big reason why yellow roses are still my favorite flower and why "cowboy boots and painted on jeans" make me smile.


I love all kinds of music, too. Although, country music remains at the top of my preference list, my Itunes is full of some not so country music. Basically if it has a good beat, it goes on the list. Right now, as I am typing this, I am listening to Gladys Knight and the Pips "Midnight Train to Georgia". Oh man, the stories Chrissy could tell about this song :) Oh and now Bruno Mars' "Grenade" is on. I love my music selections.

Music is something that I am so thankful for in my life. There are songs that, to this day, can take me back to ninth grade and songs that bring back emotions from my junior year in college. Faces, names, and smells return with just the first couple of notes.

I love music.

No comments: