Don't worry, I'm still working on J. I hope to have it done by the end of the week. I just wanted to take a few blog posts and tell you all about my experience at Elevation this past weekend. For those you don't know, this was my very first Elevation. We didn't have this when I was in the youth group at Mount Ararat and I had never really been involved with student ministry before so the opportunity never came up to help out. So going into this weekend, I was a little apprehensive to say the least. I was assigned 11th grade girls and that in itself was a little terrifying. Unlike my precious two year olds, or even those 6th graders, you can't really fake it with junior girls. You can't even distract them with a rousing rendition of "The Wheels on the Bus".
So, to start the first session off, they wanted us to do an ice breaker type activity. We were given a beach ball with questions all over it. We had to throw it at someone and which ever question their right thumb landed on, they had to answer. The questions were really cool and I really wanted to answer them all but I had to let everyone have a turn (you know how I can be about sharing). So, since this is my blog, I thought I would take a minute and answer some of the questions.....just think of it as getting to know Becky a little bit better :)
1. If you were given six months to live, what would be the first thing you would do? I would spend all my money. I want to go out broke. I think I would start off in Target and buy everything I always wanted to buy but don't really need. Then, I think I would head to Borders and go nuts. Of course , by then, there wouldn't be much left so I guess I would get ice cream at Maggies Moos for everyone I love.
2. If you could only leave your house for one day, where you would go? I think it would depend on the season. In the summer, I would go back to Isle of Palms, SC. In the spring, I would head up to Washington D.C.. In the fall, I would go to Boston and in the winter, I would go to Big Bear Mountain, CA.
3. If God were to describe your family, what one word would he use? Love.
4. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what four people would you want? My mom because she is really cool and I know she would figure out how to make something I would eat. President Bush because I figure if we were stranded, we'd have a lot of time and I could ask him questions and maybe he would tell me some classified stuff. My sister. You figure out which one and I'll give you a prize. And, Mary Higgens Clark and I would make her find paper and something to write with so she could write me stories.
5. If your house was on fire, what two things would grab? My brown box and my journal.
6. What's one you're good at but wish you weren't? Probaby thinking up worst case scenarios. I can make winning the lottery turn into somehting bad. It's a gift, I don't own it.
7. What specific sport describes Jesus' love? I have to say basketball because there are always rebounds.
8. What three words would your friends use to describe you? Nice, funny and a downer. Refer to question #6.
9. What breakfast food would eat for dinner and what dinner food would you eat for breakfast? French toast for dinner and mashed potatoes for breakfast. I actually had that meal for dinner once at West Chester. It was fabulous.
10. What is one question you would ask God if you got the chance? The ostrich. I mean where did that come from?
I hope you enjoyed these. Don't worry, this wasn't even half of them....