Monday, November 24, 2008

Turkey Day

D is for Deserving


Thursday is Thanksgiving Day. The day that starts with the smell of a roasting turkey and ends with the scraping of the cool whip tub. But more importantly, it's the one day of the year where we take the time to remember all that God has blessed us with over the last year.

As I look back on the last 12 months I am stilled by how much I have been blessed with and what God has provided. God is so deserving of our praise and gratitude. Not only on the fourth Thursday in November but every day of the year. I know that I, personally, forget that. Too often I go through my days without even thinking about how blessed I am to have a family I love and enjoy so much. So many days pass where I don't think about how blessed I am to have a job I love and look forward to in the morning. More often than not, I forget to thank God for my friends,new and old. It's a little sad that it takes a day marked on a calendar to remember what God has done.

I want to be continually thanking God for what He has done. I desire to be in a constant state of gratitude, not out of a sense of duty but of want. I want to wake up in the morning, giving God the praise He deserves and I want to go to bed thanking Him for what He has done. God doesn't require much. There is no amount of work or deeds that can be accomplished that will ever be enough to reciprocate for what He has done. How do you even begin to repay Him for all that He has given? For all that He has provided?

I am not sure how to being to repay Him but I am going to start with praise. The praise that He deserves.

No comments: