Monday, August 4, 2008

August Camp

Today was the first day of August preschool camp. I always look forward to camp. This summer especially. Sure, at the end of the week my wallet's a tad bit fuller and I have a new camp shirt to add to my collection but it's more than that. There's just something about this summer. I think it has something to do with me. Imagine that.
The last few years that I have worked at camp it was just something to do. A way to make some money to take to the beach. Or to buy school books. This summer, however, I really feel that preschool camp is where I need to be. Not just so that there is a fourth teacher to make sure we have the same number of kids at the end of the day that we started with but because this is where God has led me. Joshua 1:3 says that " I will give you every place you set your foot".
I truely believe that God has set my feet at camp and not just camp but teaching preschool. Maybe not forever. Definitely not forever (I would eventually like to get out of the room upstairs). But for this season in my life. I have learned so much from the children I have been blessed to teach and to know. No matter how awful I feel about the day or what's going on in my life, a simple, "Miss Becky, will you sit with me?" makes it all go away.
So yes, I am very excited about camp starting. And in just a few short weeks, school will begin again. Another group of kids to teach, love, and learn from. For right now, at least, my feet are at rest.

No comments: